We may collect Personal Information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously and will always have the right to access, correct or delete Personal Information stored with us at any time upon request and for a nominal administration fee. We will collect Personal Information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply or delete Personal Information stored with us, however this may prevent Users from engaging in certain Site related activities or may prevent us from providing certain Services.
CONSENT, ACCEPTANCE AND AUTHORIZATION
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED HEREIN. THIS WEBSITE IS OPERATED IN CANADA AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAWS. THE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THIS WEBSITE MAY BE RETAINED INDEFINITELY, AND MAY BE STORED, ACCESSED, AND USED IN OUR PROVISION OF SERVICES TO YOU, THE USER.
BY USING THIS SITE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR CONSENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR SITE OR OUR SERVICES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY WILL BE DEEMED YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES.
For the purpose of the prevailing data laws, the data controller in respect of any personal data that you submit to us on our Site is Whistler Singletracks, a company under Canadian law and whose registered office is at 2335 Cheakamus Way, Whistler, V8E 0A8.
CONTACTING US AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
2335 Cheakamus Way, Whistler, V8E 0A8
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT:
• you provide to us when you register for our services (such information shall include, but may not be limited to, your name, age, debit/credit card information, telephone number, postal address and email address, medical information, emergency contact information and mountain biking experience);
• you provide to us in e-mails or letters that you send to us about your usage of the Service;
• is required to carry out our service to you, such as the orders you place and the fulfillment details of your orders;
• relates to your customers, clients or other parties whom you service and which we must have access to in order to provide our Services to you;
It is possible to view www.whistlersingletrack.com website without providing any personal details. However, without registering your details and submitting certain Personal Information, you may not be able to use the whole Site or it may prevent us from providing certain Services to you.
• If you do not wish us to install cookies on your computer for these purposes, you may change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. If you prevent us from placing cookies.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US?
We may use your information in the following ways:
• to process your payment of our Services to you;
• to ensure that our Service is delivered in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the Site or our Service, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to your use of the Site or our Service and to notify you about any changes to our Service;
• to administer, support, improve, optimize and develop our Service;
• for sales purposes, internal marketing and demographic studies to improve the products and services that we provide; and for security purposes.
• We may also use your information to provide you with our email notifications, newsletters and other marketing communications that either you request from us or which you consent to by opting in when completing a registration form on the Site. You may opt out from receiving such marketing communications from us at any time by notifying us in writing, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, by following the one-step procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in the email that you receive.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• You should note that information posted on the public elements of the Site or in relation to our Services to you may be visible by parties throughout the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself on such public elements.
THIRD PARTY SITES
• We may also disclose Personal Information to necessary payment processors, whose privacy policies and practices may be different from ours, and for which we assume no responsibility. Whistler Singletracks uses one or more outside credit card processing companies to bill you for our Services. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use Personal Information for any other purpose.
• Information about our customers, including Personal Information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of our company’s, Whistler Singletracks Ltd, assets or acquisition as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of Whistler Singletracks, but we will provide notice of such asset sales, acquisitions, or mergers on the Site.
• We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our employees, customers, or the public. Other than as described above we never sell or rent Personal Information about our customers to third parties.
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
• In common with a number of other websites, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to a cloud service provider which has data servers which are based outside the US or Canada. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer and the storing and/or processing of your personal data on servers worldwide.
• Commercially reasonable security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently unsecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet.
• Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
We have the discretion to update this Policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the Personal Information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and become aware of modifications